This page allows you to view and edit how you’re contacted by your district when they send broadcast messages. The preferences on this page affect SchoolMessenger Broadcasts that may be sent to you from the school/district. They do not affect messages sent and received through teacher messaging within the SchoolMessenger app.
Access your notiﬁcation preferences by clicking the menu icon and clicking Preferences.
1. School / District: The school district in which your email address is associated with is listed here.
2. My contact information: Displays all the email addresses and phone numbers (voice and SMS text) at which you can be contacted via that message type (phone, text, or email). The icons in green indicate that you’ve given your consent to be contacted. The icons in grey indicate you’ve chosen not to be notiﬁed on that number via that message type.
Note: Your district will control over whether you’ll be able to edit or delete this information. You will know which phone numbers or email addresses can be deleted if they have a small X next to it. While the ability to edit or delete contact information may be limited by your school district, you can change your consent selections and preferences at any time.
3. Add more: Click this button to add more email addresses or phone numbers that aren’t already listed. If this button is not present, your district has disabled this ability.
4. My message preferences: Click each message category (emergency, attendance, etc.) to view which contact email addresses and phone numbers will be contacted. You can also adjust your notiﬁcation preferences for each message type here.
Note: The maximum number of phone numbers and email numbers you can enter into the system is controlled by your district admin.
1. Tap on the menu button on the upper left corner of your screen.
2. Tap on the Preferences option.
Jump to the next topic: Contacts