Important: Only those features that you have been granted access to will display. For access to additional features contact your system administrator.
Access Profiles allow the system administrator to control access to certain application features by defining profiles and assigning them to users. The Profiles tab allows the system administrator to create, edit, and delete access security profiles. Prior to creating user accounts, access profiles need to be defined so that they can be assigned to individual users.
The Access Profiles screen seen below can be accessed by clicking on the Admin tab followed by the Profiles sub-tab.
1. Click the Add New User Profile button. You will be taken to the User Profile Editor screen.
2. Enter a brief name and description for the profile.
3. Configure the profile.
4. Click the Save button when you are done.
1. Click the Edit link to the right of the profile you want to edit.
2. Edit the configuration in the User Profile Editor screen.
3. Click the Save button when you are done.
Click the Delete link to the right of the profile you want to remove.
Note: Access Profiles that are in use cannot be deleted. Deleting cannot be undone.
The User Profile Editor screen shown below allows you to configure your Access Profiles, controlling what certain users will be able to do within the system. It has several sections which will be explained below.
· Log in via web: Check this option to allow users with this profile to access the system via their computer's web browser.
· Log in via phone: Check this option to allow users to log in by calling and entering their Personal Identification Number.
· Edit Personal Account: Check this option to allow users with this profile to edit their personal account information such as their name and password.
· Outbound Recording: Gives users the ability to use the built-in Call Me to Record feature.
· Send phone calls: Allows users to create and broadcast telephone voice messages.
· Can't Schedule Before: Sets the earliest time of day the user may schedule or send a broadcast.
· Can't Schedule After: Sets the latest time of day the user may schedule or send a broadcast.
· Max Call Attempts: Sets the maximum number of times this users broadcasts can attempt to deliver a voice call to a recipient before stopping.
· Voice Responses: Allows users to enable the voice response option and accept voice replies from recipients of their broadcasts.
· Message Confirmations: Allows users to request touch-tone confirmation from phone broadcast recipients.
· Send Emails: Allows users to create email Broadcasts.
· Require Email Content on All Messages: Requires user to include an email with any broadcast. User cannot send just a phone call or SMS without also composing an email.
· Require Translation: Requires translation of messages prior to being sent.
· Send SMS text messages: Allows users to send SMS message broadcasts.
· Multi-language Messages: Enables the Multilingual Broadcast Options feature on all enabled broadcast types to which the user has access.
· Send Classroom Messages: If your system has Classroom Messaging, check this option to allow users to send classroom messages.
· Add Remark to Classroom Message: Allows users to add remarks to the pre-made classroom messages.
· Post to Facebook: Allows users to authenticate a Facebook account and post messages to a Facebook page.
· Post to Twitter: Allows users to authenticate and post to their Twitter account.
· Post to Feed: Allows users to post to RSS feeds.
· Post to Presence: Allows users to post Emergency and News Alert messages to Presence-based websites.
· Can Create Stationery: Allows users to create and use stationery for email messages.
· Restrict to Stationery: User is required to use stationery when creating email messages.
· Create Repeating Broadcasts: User can create and schedule repeating broadcasts such as attendance.
· Create Secure Document Delivery through Securefile: Allows user to upload and send secured documents.
· Create Surveys: Allows users to build surveys and collect recipient responses via phone and email.
· Override Caller ID: User can overwrite the caller ID that will be delivered on a phone broadcast.
· Max Broadcast Run Days: Sets the maximum number of days the user can schedule a broadcast to run.
· Create & Edit Lists: Allows users to create and edit lists.
· Upload Lists by ID#: Allows users to upload CSV files, containing a list of ID numbers associated with system contacts, to create lists.
· Upload List by Contact Data: Allows users to upload a CSV file containing a list of recipients' contact data.
· Publish: Determines whether the user may publish messages or lists to which others can subscribe.
· Subscribe: Determines whether user may subscribe to messages or lists which other users have published.
· Prevent Subscribers from Editing Messages / Stationery: Prevent users from editing messages or stationery.
· Field Restriction: Restricts the data fields (from your accounts data imports) which are visible to the user for creating lists or personalized messages.
· View Contacts: Enables the "Contacts" tab so the user can browse all of the contacts to whom they are authorized to broadcast.
· Edit Contact Details: Gives the user permission to edit/update recipient contact details, such as phone numbers or email addresses.
· Associated Accounts Administration: Allows users to change settings and options related to Associated Accounts.
· Create Reports: Allows the user the ability to create, save and schedule reports.
· TIM Reporting: Give users access to Teacher Initiated Messaging reports.
· Event Monitoring: Allows users to set up monitors for broadcast activity.
· Systemwide Event Monitoring: Allows users to monitor activity of certain other users.
· Systemwide Reports: Allows the user to see system-wide information when they view the Completed Broadcasts page or when they generate a report from the Reports tab.
· Usage Stats: Allows the user to view the Usage Stats sub-tab which shows system-wide usage statistics.
· Call Distribution: Shows the distribution of calls over time.
· Active Broadcasts: Select to allow the user to view all Broadcasts currently running in the system.
· Completed Broadcasts: Allows the user to view all completed broadcasts, for all users in the system.
· Repeating Broadcasts: Select to allow the user to view all repeating broadcasts currently scheduled in the system.
· Blocked Destination List: Allows the user to view the system-wide Blocked Number List. If you select this option, you may choose the amount of access the user will have from the options below:
No Access - The user may not access the blocked destination lists.
View Only - Allows the user to view blocked phone numbers and email addresses, but cannot edit the lists.
Add/Delete Own - Allows the user to add or delete blocked destinations, but they cannot delete destinations entered by any other user.
Add/Delete All - Allows the user unlimited ability to add or delete blocked destinations.
· Topic Recipient: Allows users to receive Quick Tip messages.
Important: Users with this enabled will receive an email each time a tip is submitted.
· Manage Topics: Enables users to edit topic categories for Quick Top messages.
Important: The following settings control top-level administrator functions. Only top-level account administrators should be given access to these options.
· Enable All: Clicking this button will automatically check for access to all of the options in the Security & Administrator Controls section.
· Manage Users: Allows user to create, edit, and delete User Accounts.
· Manage Profiles: Allows user to create, edit, and delete Access Profiles.
· Manage System Settings: Allows user to edit System Settings.
· Manage All Broadcasts: Allows the user to edit or cancel any broadcast in the system.
· Manage Data Imports: User may configure, create, and delete data imports in the system.
· Manage Field Definitions: Allows the user to configure new fields in the system's database, used for data imports.
· Manage Classroom Data: Permits the user to edit the Classroom Messaging template and message categories.
· Manage SafeArrival: Allows users to manage SafeArrival configuration and features.